Tis the season for baking, baking and more baking. I have made this recipe over and over. It is so moist, so yummy, and best of all SOO easy. If you’re counting calories though, look away. Seriously, this is not for you. This chocolate cake is EVERYTHING. It is a beast of a cake and packs a punch. It is so rich, so chocolatey, it gives all other chocolate cakes a run for their money. The best ever. Okay… believe me yet?
1 (18.25 oz.) chocolate cake mix. (I used Devil’s food, but anything will work.)
1 (3.4 oz.) package instant chocolate pudding mix
2 cups sour cream
1/3 c vegetable oil
1/2 c water
2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips (Go with Ghirardelli if they’re available!)
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease pan. (This is actually meant to be a bundt cake, which I usually make it to be, but this time I used 2 8 inch cake pans and it worked perfectly.)
- Beat all ingredients together (not chocolate chips)
- Pour batter into prepared pan/s.
- Bake 50 mins to one hour. (For two 8 inch pans I baked for 40 minutes, but just test with a toothpick.)
- Cool completely and frost.
I use a traditional cream cheese frosting. A good recipe can be found here.
Original recipe found on letsdishrecipes.com
BAKE ON BAKERS!!