The Words

our grass is pretty green

Headed Somewhere Headed Somewhere Headed Somewhere Headed Somewhere Headed Somewhere Headed Somewhere Headed SomewhereI have been all weepy about not having snow or seasons this winter. I longed for those snow days in Utah: laying in bed with hot tea, watching the snow fall, so calming and peaceful. I am so nostalgic it’s sick! I tend to forget about the ice scraping, snow shoveling and slick road driving stuff. That’s why we moved! REMEMBER?! But there is just something so magical about winter to me… I don’t think I would mind moving back. 😉 (Grass is always greener). So yesterday was such a nice day, we decided to make a pit-stop to feel the sun beating on our bare legs… in January. Sometimes that last minute detour is what it takes to realize our grass is pretty green already.

Ezra played in the sand for the first time. He was so timid at first, making sure not to get one tiny speck on his hands. But by the time we were leaving, his hands, hair and diaper full were full of sand. 🙂

photo 2 I think we’ve got ourselves a beach babe.

• Reply lovefromjessxo

Looks like Ezra enjoyed the beach 🙂 Loved reading your blog post x

January 19, 2015 at 10:43 am

He sure did! For so long I refused to do the beach because it was more work than fun. But now that he’s more independent and loves doing his own thing, I think we’ll be there more often. And I think my husband, an avid crazy surfer, is happier than anyone. 🙂

January 19, 2015 at 1:04 pm
  • Reply Lindsay Goldfine

So cute. So so cute. You are lucky clay takes such cute pics of you two. (It’s clay right?) I miss winter sometimes too and long for anything under 70 degrees. but how could I ever leave this place?? It’s pretty great.

January 19, 2015 at 12:12 pm

Clay is a champ. He’s getting pretty good too! There’s a lot of bribery involved, but the photos are worth it. 😉

January 19, 2015 at 12:59 pm
  • Reply Tawney

I feel ya girl!!! I just moved up to Northern California 6 months ago and it is absolutely beautiful! The seasons are spectactular and the views are breath taking! However, I do miss San Diego tremendously considering where I moved to is a VERY small town. I miss the beach, the yummy restraunts, and shopping ahhh how I long for some Target in my life….. Lol But the experience has been eye opening and I am so blessed to be with my Husband and daughter

January 19, 2015 at 2:12 pm

Where in Northern California did you move? I went to high school in El Dorado Hills, love it up there, so beautiful. NO TARGET?! Wow, must be VERY small. I don’t know what I would do without Target. A lot of online shopping I guess. 🙂 haha

January 19, 2015 at 10:04 pm
  • Reply clj

Ezra is a little chubby cherub who loves his mommy with every ounce of his tiny being. Give me sun and sand any day; you can always travel to the snow. Post the Utah snow pix now. See, you can have both worlds.

January 19, 2015 at 5:55 pm
  • Reply efonnesbeck

Your grass IS pretty green. I love these pictures. Clay has a future.

January 20, 2015 at 8:58 pm
  • Reply Alicia

Your cardigan…! It’s so pretty…can I ask where you got it? 🙂

January 21, 2015 at 11:30 am
  • Reply Monique Bellavia

Such a lovely family! And you may be missing the snow, but I sure am jealous of your beach day! That’s some pretty green grass you got there!

January 27, 2015 at 8:46 am
  • Reply Hannah

Can I ask where your dress is from… it’s lovely!

May 22, 2015 at 7:42 pm
    • Reply mary.l.johnson1@gmail.com

Thank you! It is from Anthropologie… I got it a while back though.

June 9, 2015 at 4:13 am