a woodland themed baby shower

Screen Shot 2014-02-19 at 7.45.29 PM Screen Shot 2014-02-19 at 7.46.05 PM Screen Shot 2014-02-19 at 7.45.46 PM Screen Shot 2014-02-19 at 7.49.01 PM Screen Shot 2014-02-19 at 7.51.20 PM Screen Shot 2014-02-19 at 7.51.01 PM Screen Shot 2014-02-19 at 7.47.05 PM Screen Shot 2014-02-19 at 7.50.34 PM Screen Shot 2014-02-19 at 7.46.30 PM Screen Shot 2014-02-19 at 7.46.47 PM Screen Shot 2014-02-19 at 7.49.23 PM Screen Shot 2014-02-19 at 7.48.46 PM Screen Shot 2014-02-19 at 7.48.24 PM Screen Shot 2014-02-19 at 7.47.50 PM Screen Shot 2014-02-19 at 7.47.20 PM Screen Shot 2014-02-19 at 7.49.56 PM Screen Shot 2014-02-19 at 7.50.12 PM

I’m just sittin’ over here… patiently waiting for this little nugget to decide he’s ready to meet me. I feel like he sure is taking his time. Alright… I do have 5 days until my due date. I just thought he would be a LITTLE more excited.

So meanwhile, I’ll share some pictures of the cutest baby shower ever thrown by my sister Lindsay; complete with baby onesie painting, a pregnancy cravings table, (best thing ever), and the yummiest lunch spread you have ever laid eyes on. I can’t even imagine how much work was put into each detail… I really love ya sis. You’re the best.

Thanks to everyone who drove from near and far to celebrate with us! And thanks to you guys, we have just about everything we could possibly need to take care of little Ezra. Who knew a baby could need so many THINGS! A little bit of a shocker!

Send good thoughts and vibes this way… maybe the kind that make babies come out. Tonight preferably. 🙂

photography by: Erin Fonnesbeck Photography

• Reply kerry june

your shower was ADORABLE! i wish i could have gone!! i can’t wait to see what your little one looks like, i’m so excited!

February 19, 2014 at 10:14 pm
  • Reply nataliyaborener

love love love! such a creative theme 🙂

February 20, 2014 at 8:18 am
  • Reply clj

And to think that Linds cut each of those stencils with an exacto knife! You are a lucky girl to have so many people who adore you. We’re all being patient and waiting with you for little Ezra to make his entrance into the big wide world.

February 20, 2014 at 10:09 pm
    • Reply jolene

You and Clay are going to be the most caring, devoted and FUN parents ever! Of course you have four great examples already! (M&D, B&M,E&T,and L&M) Now go practice your breathing. We’ll be thinking of you and wishingyou the best.

February 21, 2014 at 8:40 am
  • Reply Lindsay johnson

Well I can’t take credit for the cravings table that was all mom! And we worked poor Erin to death! Ha. But we had the best time and I enjoyed every second of it!! Yay for baby Ezra!!! Come on get out here!!! Love ya sis.

February 21, 2014 at 3:47 pm
  • Reply aladyinfrance

That is such a lovely shower. And good luck with your first little one! 🙂 My babies all took their time. My daughter was induced at 40 weeks (pre-eclampsia). My son was induced at 41 weeks (placenta leak and strep B). And my third baby was induced at 42 weeks because he just needed to come out!!! I was like, what is wrong with these little people? 😉

Such a happy, exciting time.

March 4, 2014 at 6:10 am
  • Reply Jennifer

SUCH a cute shower! Where are the stencils from!?!? i love all the stencils and have been searching all over the place to find stencils like that!!!!!

July 24, 2015 at 5:54 pm

I am not sure where the stencils are from! Someone else threw the shower for me. But I think you may be able to find them on pinterest? Or something similar? Maybe try “woodland theme stencils”?

August 3, 2015 at 1:25 pm
  • Reply Allison Rowe

I love this – did you end up using the onesies? I was considering doing something similar for my baby shower but am curious about how well the onesies turned out (they are clearly adorable but I wonder if the paint held up, or if you didn’t use them for some other reason). Thanks for sharing!!

March 14, 2016 at 2:42 pm

Yes! We just used fabric paint that was washable. I used them all the time! 🙂

March 15, 2016 at 12:49 am
  • Reply Mary

What picture book is that hanging from the line?

September 7, 2016 at 10:11 am