Family, Travel

A Gunn Family Affair // Ventura, CA

There is such a stigma that goes along with the “in-laws”… and “my husband’s family…” but in my case, I think I got dealt a pretty great hand. Like really great. So great, I might venture to say the best. We spent a few days together in Ventura after celebrating a beautiful little boy and his baby blessing. It was lovely and very “pleasant” as my father-in-law would put it.

We jump roped with seaweed, ate too many gummy bears, chatted around a monster of a bonfire, devoured an entire bottle of squeeze cheese in a matter of minutes, paddle boarded, surfed, biked, walked, chased so many toddlers and let me tell ya, it was pretty great. Really great. So great I think we should go back next week. Whaddya say guys?! 🙂

Now keep scrollin’ if you’re feeling like seeing way way way way too many photos of us.

headedsomewhere signature

• Reply Ashley Woodbeck

wonderful post. Looks like a great time! You are very lucky to have such a tight-knit family!

August 20, 2015 at 3:33 pm
  • Reply cheryl

You are blessed to be a part of this wonderful family. All those babies will have a great time growing up together.. Feel bad about Charlie’s broken leg.

August 20, 2015 at 4:02 pm
  • Reply Lindsay Goldfine

You really did get lucky! And I can’t get over the pic of ez with that toothy smile! So so cute.

August 21, 2015 at 2:14 am
  • Reply Rochelle

Glad you liked Ventura and had a blast with your sweet family – we love living here! It’s a sleepy town, but there’s so much beauty on all sides (and smack dab between Santa Barbara, Ojai and LA – can’t beat the location). Too bad we didn’t bump into you!

August 26, 2015 at 11:42 pm
    • Reply mary.l.johnson1@gmail.com

Oh my goodness! I had no idea you were in Ventura! I had pictured you somewhere in the mid-west or east coast for some reason! Clearly, I am not very observant. haha I always think where you live looks beautiful, and no wonder, I love Ventura.

August 27, 2015 at 9:01 pm
  • Reply brooke

Hi there. Just wondering where the adorable “I love my aunt” onesie is from.

Thanks!

June 30, 2016 at 8:24 pm
    • Reply Mary Lauren

Hm.. I’m not sure! That is my nephew, so not sure where my sister in law got it.

July 5, 2016 at 3:23 pm