I fall under the category of people who believe leggings are not pants. But the problem is I also fall under the category of people who wear leggings 74% of the time… As pants.
Let’s just say I’m on the fence but err on the side of being comfortable. Some days I just can’t muster the energy to squeeze on my tight denim, especially when so much of the day is spent on the floor with my little guy.
So to deal with this very important legging debacle, I’ve created fool proof style rules on how to wear leggings. And I’ve got to preface by saying they need to be the RIGHT leggings. Luckily for you, I’ve already done the grunt work and found the perfect pair for ANYONE. Swear. Promise. Pinky promise. You’ll love them.
Here are a few rules legging lovers must follow:
1. Your top MUST cover your bum bum. Mid thigh is usually what I shoot for. But please, at LEAST cover that tush.
2. Your leggings (or pants, yes pants) are preeeetty tight. So keep things a little looser up top. Tight on top and tight on bottom can start lookin’ a little unflattering and bodysuit-esque.
3. Get the right legging with the right fit. Not too tight, especially around that “love handle” area. This legging by Matty M is amazing. They are my go-to. They sit higher on the waist and have a really wide band on top to hold it all in and smooth everything out. No muffin top here!
5 reasons you NEED these leggings:
1. They sit high on the waist with a wide band, they’ll tuck any and all love handles right in there.
2. Super stretchy material, but not the type that will stretch out and become baggy.
3. Thick and tight, forgiving material.
4. Made by Matty M, one my favorites.