The Words

get there fast // take it slow

DSC02989Contrary to popular belief, I have not abandoned my blog. There may have been times where even I thought it might be so. But here is the truth. The honest to goodness truth about why there has not been a post in close to a month. Here it is: I have had the same computer since 2006. And even though I had some amazing pictures to share, even after my deepest pleads to the my trusty computer to please please work, it just wouldn’t. After 7 good years, I had to bury the thing. (Not literally I guess… it’s actually still sitting here next to me peering at me as I am sitting here with my brand new MacBook.) I feel guilty.

Anyway. You are about to be OVERLOADED with photos that Clay and I took while in Bermuda this past weekend. Remember when I wrote about needing ideas for our one year anniversary? Well… instead of the short road trip, we decided on Bermuda; caaaause Clay won a free trip there for naming a Jet Blue plane “you had me at blue”. I know, random. And Bermuda did just that. It had us at literally the BLUEST water on the planet. The place was unreal. Don’t worry we will be doing the California Coast road trip soon. 🙂
So here we go. Bermuda 2013. (Actually, no need to categorize by year really… we’ll probably never go back because it costs $40 dollars for a sandwich and pickle. Seriously.) We ate mac n cheese, hot dogs, and ramen the whole time. Livin it up.

DSC02918

DSC02954

DSC02958 DSC02911 DSC02914 DSC02916I guess I had never really given Bermuda a second thought. I had pictured Jamaica… or Mexico. But in reality, Bermuda is more like England than anything else. The men wear bermuda shorts, (obviously), and tall socks with loafers. People drive on the left side of the road, Cricket is all the rage, cannons went off the day Royal Baby George was born, and ancient castles and churches appear around every corner. If you weren’t surrounded by crystal clear blue water, you would probably believe you were in England. DSC02928 DSC02945DSC02994It’s a tough life being an aspiring model.

DSC03009

Literally. Mac n cheese and hot dogs. The chips were a splurge. HOW DO PEOPLE LIVE HERE?!

DSC03017 DSC03021 DSC03031 DSC03035 DSC03045 DSC03116Clay rented us a little boat to go explore by ourselves in the open water. We happened upon our own little island, with the most pristine white sand beach you’ve ever seen… all to ourselves. The only footprints on the island were ours. Unreal.DSC03123 DSC03108 DSC03162

If you happen to be traveling to Bermuda anytime soon, talk to me first! I have tons of pointers and things to do/what to avoid. Thanks Nathan for being the one who REALLY named that plane. Clay, I’m sorry he deserves the credit. 🙂

Untitled-003

• Reply Tawney

Your trip sounds so lovely and the pictures are absolutely gorgeous! Now that you have a new computer hope you’ll be posting more often 🙂

July 25, 2013 at 7:57 pm
  • Reply efonnesbeck

Unreal is right. Holy smokes!! And a new MacBook? Really?? Awesome.

July 26, 2013 at 12:11 am
  • Reply chelby10

Your pics look amazing! And I’m a little bit glad someone else in this world has had experiences of ridiculous food prices whilst on hols… I must ask though… have you actually been to England?? aside from the architecture of the churches I just don’t see the resemblance! lol (P.S I Live in England 😉 ) I do wish England was a little more like Bermuda… maybe then I wouldn’t be so Jel! xx

July 26, 2013 at 2:32 am

You’re right… The pictures I chose to post don’t portray what I saw. But I swear it did! We stayed in St. Georges where there is so much history related to the UK, old churches and castles riddle the cliff sides, and the tiny alleyways are verrrry European. And since Bermuda is a territory of the UK, with 30% of the population English, you are bound to have some similarities… But what do I know… I’ve never actually been to England. : )

July 26, 2013 at 3:18 am
      • Reply chelby10

Well come on over, you’ll love it! We’ve been having some good weather for a change! Lol Maybe I’ll take some snaps of London and post them on my blog and you can compare against the real thing ☺

July 31, 2013 at 1:07 pm
  • Reply Lindsay johnson

Ughhhh this looks soooo amazing !!! Now Bermuda is near the top of my list! That water is unreal. So glad you got to go!

July 26, 2013 at 4:02 am
  • Reply Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy

I can’t believe that you won a trip! How cool! Too bad that you didn’t win a food allowance too — it sounds so expensive!

July 26, 2013 at 4:21 am
  • Reply Tawsha

I see the resemblance of England for sure. The colorful stucco buildings and old churches near the sea. But Bermuda is just a much lovlier version of England. We Americans tend to give England more credit then it deserves 🙂

July 26, 2013 at 5:26 am
  • Reply clj

Glad you went, but Reggie, Bear, and I are glad you’re back. If dad and I ever go to Bermuda we will somehow stash food in every nook and crannie of our bags. Maybe we should watch Castaway one more time before we go to pick up some survival tips to ward off starvation. It looks really beautiful, though.

July 26, 2013 at 2:14 pm
  • Reply clj

I’m interested in the crochet tree.

July 26, 2013 at 2:18 pm
  • Reply Lauren @ Peaks and Passports

Beautiful! I went to Bermuda on a family vacation as a kid and now I’m wishing I could re-live that trip because I’ll clearly never be able to afford it on my own dime. Lovely pictures!

July 26, 2013 at 3:12 pm
  • Reply Kerry June

Your pictures are gorgeous & have definitely sold me on the idea of going to Bermuda. It sounds & looks so fun!!

July 26, 2013 at 9:51 pm
  • Reply Addison

Just found your blog whiledoing research for hubs and I’s first anniversary trip. We’re going to Bermuda in May – would love to hear your tips!

September 8, 2013 at 7:26 am
  • Reply diaryofavetstudent

Hi! I would love to hear more about Bermuda! The fiancé and I are planning our honeymoon and were originally going to go to Hawaii, but Bermuda seems like it would be a pretty great alternative. Any insights??

February 23, 2014 at 10:38 pm