The Words

today is hard

20130319-221803.jpg

I’m sure that as you read this I am at work… first day on the job… and I can assure you I have terrible butterflies. However, you would never know it under my confident smile and serious poker face (when necessary). I have done my best to look astonishingly professional, yet approachable. My heels are high, but not too high. Every piece of me was put together oh so carefully, I feel like its the first day of high school again!… To the point of exhaustion, really… And I’m sure nobody in the office cares. Seriously. My mom always tells me “you can do hard things.” I will be honest, this new job is probably one of the hardest things I have done thus far in my working career. But I am soooo excited for this new adventure! And I’m sure that if you send me good thoughts my way (the office is in La Jolla, so send ’em there), I am bound to have the best first day! Thanks in advance.
: )

• Reply lindsay Goldfine

Good thoughts sent, they are on the way!! So what is this new job!?

March 20, 2013 at 12:26 pm
  • Reply efonnesbeck

You’ll do great. You don’t know how to less than great. At anything.

March 20, 2013 at 12:36 pm
  • Reply CeCe

Sending you lots of good thoughts and luck! Hope the day went well and easier than you expected. Good news is It can only get easier from here!

March 20, 2013 at 1:27 pm
  • Reply Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy

Good luck! Hope that your first day was great!

March 20, 2013 at 1:48 pm
  • Reply AnnMarie Harris

Good Luck…loved the comparison about a new job and first day of high school, I totally agree. what are you doing?

March 20, 2013 at 3:09 pm
  • Reply Tracey Jane

Love your blog! Sending lots of good thoughts your way 🙂 I started a new job this week also, so I know exactly how you feel!!

March 20, 2013 at 7:18 pm

Good luck on your job too! Let me know how you like it!

March 29, 2013 at 9:20 am
  • Reply CLJ

I know that your first day has come and gone, and from what you told me, it was a doozy It will get better. That first day let you know what you were up against, and now you can plan your strategy for success.

March 21, 2013 at 8:54 am
  • Reply Jolene

Just remember this: You are always going to be your hardest critic. I’m SO SURE you did amazingly well for your first day. Everyone understands about first days anyway.

March 21, 2013 at 5:31 pm
  • Reply Monica DiCamillo

I hope you had a good first few days at your new job. What a blessing that your job is in LaJolla. I spent 10 days there last year and it was fabulous. Good luck to you.

March 22, 2013 at 11:19 am

THANK YOU for the warm wishes! I know, La Jolla is sooo beautiful! I am lucky to be able to be there every day!

March 29, 2013 at 9:20 am
  • Reply Tierney

I want to hear all about your day and week and month! And I want to visit soon. As long as clay is ok with that ;). You are amazing and can do the hardest things. I’ve seen you go through some doozies of a day and come out on top. Love you.

March 23, 2013 at 9:50 am
  • Reply Tawsha

you can do hard things is what the nurse in the hospital kept saying during parkers delivery. I just wanted to yell to get her to stop and say no i cant do hard things!! haha, that is what i think of when i hear that now 🙂

March 24, 2013 at 2:11 am
  • Reply Ann

Well, how’s the job so far? I hope it’s someplace you still want to be everyday; the cowokers sure do make the difference.

March 25, 2013 at 6:49 am

The job is going so great! Yes, it is a struggle learning so many new things… and a little stressful. But I could not ask for better co-workers. I enjoy being there.

March 29, 2013 at 9:15 am
  • Reply Machelle

I love this! I am going to remember this saying when my son is old enough to be nervous about doing something new. Actually, I need to remember this for myself too. H

April 19, 2013 at 5:59 pm