Fashion

outfitted: a california winter

1// First, if anyone has any information on this jacket. Please share! Found a pic without a link. Isn’t that the worst!?

2// Quiksilver Third Bay Shirt

3// Monki Vera Cardigan

4// I have no idea where these boots are from. But a little in love.

5// J.Crew Wool Plaid Scarf

6// Camp Buffalo Tee

7// Aritzia Terra Nova Sweater Not just any gray sweater. (I have a thing for gray sweaters.)

8// 3.1 Phillip Lim 31 Hour Bag

It is encouraging to know that this winter may not be spent in Utah: where temps are constantly hollering, “hey, if you go outside your eyes will most likely freeze shut and your toes will fall off.” I am not a winter person. I have so many friends who thrive this time of year looking forward to “shredding” the mountain in fresh “pow” and praying for perfect snow this year. But ever since I gave up my facade of being a board bunny and coming out with the truth that in actuality, I would rather be sitting in the lodge drinking hot choclate, waiting for the next open spa time, I have been a lot more content with myself. It is exhausting pretending to “pray for snow”.

These pieces would fit perfectly into my California Winter wardrobe. I will leave my knee length, fur lined, puffy down jacket in Utah. I won’t be needing it anymore. Pray for SUNSHINE!!

• Reply Lindsay Goldfine

Now this is bizarre. I went through the exact same struggle with living in northern Utah and secretly hating snowboarding because I not-so-secretly hate being cold!! I swear you’ve quoted me verbatim, “I would rather be in the lodge drinking hot chocolate”. I let myself off the snowboarding hook long ago . . it was fun while it lasted (or FREEZING while it lasted.)
    West Coast for you! GET OVER HERE!!
    PS. I have been obsessing over this particular color combo in the 31 hour bag. Wish I was RIIIICH so I could buy it!

October 29, 2012 at 1:43 pm
    • Reply Mom

What’s the 31 hour bag?

October 29, 2012 at 6:36 pm
  • Reply Lindsay Goldfine

PS. I LOVE that buffalo shirt, and it looks long enough to cover a belly !?

October 29, 2012 at 1:45 pm
    • Reply Mom

I don’t understand the buffalo. What is the name of this style? I’m out of the loop.

October 29, 2012 at 6:37 pm

I’m not sure what it is about the buffalo shirt. But I really like it!!

October 29, 2012 at 8:09 pm
      • Reply Mom

It’s the prairie look. I’m glad everyone is finally coming clean on your mixed feelings regarding a certain winter sport.

October 29, 2012 at 9:51 pm
  • Reply Healthy A-Z

Great choices, and I especially like that jacket! Here’s the link for it:
    Unfortunately, it’s sold out and they only sell in Asia and Europe.

October 29, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Wow!! How did you know that?! Well, mystery solved at least. So sad. : (

October 29, 2012 at 2:17 pm
  • Reply Mom

Oh, I wish I were tiny like you and you could give your puffy down coat to me. I’ve been shopping for one, actually. Maybe I could go on a diet and yours would fit me by January (right.) Washington D.C. is freezing in January. (Yes, I predict that Romney will win so we can go to the inauguration.)

October 29, 2012 at 3:03 pm
  • Reply kerry june

the jacket is by acne!

October 30, 2012 at 12:49 pm
  • Reply Lidia

I have been obsessed with the same boots! They are Seychelles Romance ankle lace up boots but unfortunately they were from a few seasons ago and they no longer sell them. I sent Seychelles a message on FB asking them to pleeeeease bring them back and they said they would pass the info back to production. In the mean time, I got these ankle boots for under $30 http://pinterest.com/pin/210261876324506767/

January 8, 2013 at 5:20 pm